The QuickBooks POS installation error can be annoying when it occurs during an on-going installation process. However, following some simple troubleshooting solutions can help you in the smooth installation of the QuickBooks POS. There are various error codes related to Fix Common QuickBooks POS Installation Errors, such as Error 1304, Error 1642, Error 1706, and various other errors. There can be several possible reasons behind the “Unable to start the IntuitUpdateService” issue. Damaged Microsoft Windows components are some of the most apparent reasons behind the POS Installation error. In this blog, we help to resolve your issue.
Causes of QuickBooks POS Installation Error
QuickBooks POS Installation Error saw due to a couple of factors, a few of which are listed below:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 that is installed on the system that too in a beta version
- Or the Microsoft .Net Framework version installed on the system is not compatible, not properly installed, or is incompletely installed
- The files are over fragmented
- The source such as CD, DVD, or InstallShield from which QB point of sale has been installed is damaged or corrupted, so important POS components could not be installed
- Or there can be issues related to the windows registry
- In case there are too many applications that start during the windows startup
Solutions To QuickBooks POS Installation Error
Before performing the troubleshooting to Resolve Common QuickBooks POS Installation Error solutions, make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework is installed correctly on your computer and is updated to the latest maintenance release. Now follow the below-given steps to resolve QuickBooks Desktop installation errors:
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to the latest release
- The very first method is to download a copy of the QuickBooks POS from the internet or installation an unscratched disk
- And then, run the system file checker tool in admin mode for repairing missing or corrupted system files
- After that, the user needs to run Microsoft Fixit to fix the problems to prevent the program’s issues
- Moreover, the user needs to clear windows temp and prefetch folders
- The last step is to update the QuickBooks POS software and reboot your POS system
After the system is back up, the user needs to open the QuickBooks POS and then check for the error.
Related Blog: How To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors?
Method 2: Reinstalling QuickBooks desktop point of sale again
Installation steps for QuickBooks point of sale
- The very first step is to download QuickBooks point of sale
- And then, double click the POS executable file
- And also, overwrite the existing extracted files, in case it is prompted at the time through the installation process
- Also, choose all positive options on the installation wizard.
- After that type in QuickBooks license number and product number without spaces and dashes as it not permitted
- The user is then required to select the mode in which the user is going to install and use QuickBooks point of sale
- Select the single user, in case you use the QuickBooks POS on a standalone system
Also, choose multi-user mode for QuickBooks POS for more than two computers (if multi-user mode not working then click here to Fix QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working Issue). The user needs to be careful about selecting the system type server or workstation on which POS software is being installed.
In case of incorrect selection of workstation type, then uninstall and then re-install again, as the user cannot modify the installation type. Moreover, the user can check by going back and forth to ensure the selection for QuickBooks POS Installation.
- The final step is to reboot the system after the POS installation to open and activate QuickBooks POS.
The installation error can take place even during the re-installation process of the QuickBooks POS. However, you can get the issue resolved by dialing our Helpline Number +1 (844) 583–0066. In no time, you will be connected to a QuickBooks tech-geek who will help you to Fix QuickBooks POS Installation Error.
Source URL: https://sites.google.com/view/common-quickbooks-pos-installa/home